Tuesday, July 16, 2013

DIY Homemade Body Butter and Facewash

My last post was supposed to include these final 2 recipes, and I still have no idea what happened to them, since they were attached to the other blog... oh well.

Here they are for those who have been asking:

Homemade Body Butter
Coconut Oil 3-5 spoonfuls
Vitamin E 4-6 capsules
Olive Oil 2-3 tablespoons
Shea Butter 3/4 a cup
Eucalyptus, Lavender, Lemon or Vanilla Essential Oil  10-15 drops


I really don't follow an exact recipe, I just kind of eye it. This time I used Eucalyptus and have loved it. It smells like and is like a homemade Vic Vapor Rub. 
All you do is dump all of this in a bowl and mix it for about 8 minutes. It will create a whip type lotion that is awesome!


Homemade Facewash
Coconut Oil melt 2 Tbsp
Baby Wash 2 Tbsp
Baking Soda 2tbsp
Vitamin E 3-5 capsules
Witch Hazel 2 Tbsp
Olive Oil 1 Tbsp
Water 2 Tbsp





This stuff works awesome and leaves your skin feeling so soft. I still am not 100% loving this recipe and will be tweaking it again next time. It is still great, I just feel like I am doing 1 thing wrong.
Anyway, all you do mix all of this up for a few minutes and done! Make sure and shake before use each time!



1 comment:

  1. love that you do this! thank you for posting.
    praying for you every chance I get. <3

    ReplyDelete