Friday, March 14, 2014

Homemade DIY Carrot Face Lotion with SPF 40

Ok, so tbh ( to be honest- for all people like me who just figured out what that meant!) this stuff, once carrot is added, doesn't smell awesome. But, I consider it worth the momentary discomfort for the value of the ingredient.

Ok, so what you need:
A container with a lid. ( I use an old GNC lotion container)

Coconut oil
Beeswax
Olive Oil
Shea butter or cocoa butter 
Vitamin E
Carrot oil

Glass jar

So, this recipes really depends on how big your container is. So I measure mine by sight and feel based on the container I use above.
But it's basically equal parts coconut oil and Shea butter and then 2 tablespoons or so of olive oil and beeswax. Put all this in the glass jar. Boil a few inches of water in a pan while stirring the items in the glass jar until melting. 

After fully melted,carefully remove the  glass jar and immediately add Vitamin E, stir, then add 3-5 drops of Carrot, stir, then ASAP pour into your container. Beeswax is a MONSTER to clean up, so I always use an old spaghetti sauce jar then throw the sucker away. Ugh, too much clean up.

I then put the lotion in the fridge for a few hours to set. Then it's ready to use and wow, it is so good for your face. 
At night, I also swipe the bottom of my foot with it. ;)

Wondering why Carrot Oil is so good for you?
This is a screen shot from my favorite Essential Oil company called Eden's Garden- read what they have this say! Also, this is perfect as a natural sunscreen as Carrot Oil has a natural SPF of 38-40!! The second highest natural SPF!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment