Saturday, August 9, 2014

DIY (Chemical Free) Foaming Hand Soap








 I have been making my own hand soap for about 8 months now. The only reason I know that it's been that long is I remember buying the Softsoap foaming soap bottles at Target in Florida on clearance. As you can tell, they are very "wintry".  Haha.

I wanted to try this out for awhile before I wrote a post about it and since it has been tried and proven awesome, I will be continuing to use this recipe and also investing in some legit Foaming Dispensers soon!

 The most important part of the recipe is Pure Castille Soap! I have it in Unscented, because I use Essential Oils to provide the Antibacterial part and the perfume part!

 So first step is to take an empty foaming bottle and fill about 2-3 tablespoons of Castille Soap in the bottom.

Next step: add about 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil (or another kind is fine, too). The oil adds an awesome moisturizer.
To be honest, I just wing it when adding this stuff, don't make time for actual measurements. If I add too little soap or too much oil, I try to make a note in my head to fix next time.

So far no complaints from anyone who has ever used it.

Next step: (Oops, sorry no picture!)  Add Essential Oils. Thieves is the best option, but I have also experimented with Lemon alone or adding a couple drops of Eucalyptus along with the Thieves.

I use Thieves for so many things and I will be adding to the list soon by trying a few other homemade recipes! I will blog about them as I try, but read this about Thieves posted on my favorite Essential Oil company, Eden's Garden:

Four Thieves:
  • History: Four Thieves synergy blend was created based on the historical account of four thieves in France who protected themselves from the black plague with cloves, rosemary, and other aromatics while robbing victims of the killer disease. When captured, they were offered a lighter sentence in exchange for their secret recipe. Four Thieves oil blend includes Clove, Cinnamon Bark, Rosemary, Lemon and Eucalyptus and has been specially blended to offer the same kind of defense.
  • Notes: Four Thieves has been university tested and found to be highly effective against airborne bacteria. This synergy blend contains 100% pure essential oils. We recommend a 3 to 5% dilution for topical body applications.
  • Contains: Cinnamon, Clove, Eucalyptus, Lemon and Rosemary

Ok, Next Step: very slowly add warm water until it's about 1 inch from the top. Trust me, do not fill it to the top. Messy. And a waste of ingredients.
Then very gently swirl the container with the lid on. Shake it gently.

BAM, you have soap! No chemicals!!! So easy to make, takes me only about 5 minutes!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment