Wednesday, August 13, 2014

How to Make Your Own Raised Platters

So, I made those platters in about an hour for about $5! And I loved how Rustic Hawaiian they turned out!




Oh yah, my famous ripped trash bag "apron". Cheap, folks!


At a garage sale about a month ago, I found those 3 dark wooden (nasty) pillar things that probably used to grace the house of any normal 1980's family mantle. I bought them for $2 knowing exactly what I wanted to do with them.
The end product you see last, isn't totally what I had in mind, but they did fine for the Luau. I will probably rip the plastic plates off and hand-paint the pillars for the next party, just saying.

BUT, seeing as these cost me $5+spray paint, psh, I'm feeling good about how cute they looked at Blakely's  Luau

What you need:
+some sort of pillars
+hot glue gun
+plates of your choice, unsure how glass would work, but let me know if it works for you
+spray paint (if you want to change the color of your pillars) or paint and a paintbrush.


All you do is spray paint the pillars, let dry for a couple hours. (Mine look rustic and "messy" because I liked it for this party) Honestly, I'm not sure spray paint was the best option if you want a neat clean tidy look).

After they are dry, get your hot glue gun ready. Position your plates. Glue around the top edge of the pillar and push down for a few minutes.

Let dry... then use for your next party! I will definitely reuse mine for other parties!

No comments:

Post a Comment